Thursday, April 23, 2009

A little thing we call a quality education...


Welp, finals just ended last night, and I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my self esteem feels pretty shattered. I feel like you work all semester long and then the last two weeks with everything due and all the tests can slaughter all your previous efforts. I tried to keep caught up and study really hard this semester, but all these tests just had so much information, and I ended up studied the wrong information for most of them, and after realizing that I didn't do so hot, well I just felt...disappointed. I know I can be a better student, and I know I'm smarter than my grades show. Therefore, there has been some serious self introspection and goal making being done in my head and heart last night and today. I know it's a great opportunity to go to college, and I need to take advantage of it. It's an investment, and I don't want all the tuition dollars to go to pot. It's part of building Kellie Wentz, not just a GPA. I forget sometimes that education is just that...learning and educating myself. It's what I put into it, and I want to put more into it. I am free of classes until fall semester, but I have been making my list of ideas for better studying, note taking, reading, all of that stuff that can make me be the kind of student I want to be. I know deep down I love education, I want to be a teacher for pete's sake! I want to spend my life in a classroom! So I guess I best start mastering the craft of being the student, before I think about becoming the teacher. Alright, that is my decree, I will not let finals and grades get me down, but I will promise (and all y'all better hold me to it) that I will only get better at it. I want to be a good student, I want to learn better, and not just strive for A's, but for education.

1 comment:

  1. It is so easy to get busy and caught up with everything that is going on in life. Don't be to hard on your self. At the end of the day if you gave it your all then be satisfied! You are amazing!!!We can always do more in every aspect of life. So now that you have been hard on your self look at all the things you did and accomplished over the last semester! I am sure you will be surprised! I will help hold you to your new goals made for next year :)

    ReplyDelete