Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 6

Well,I have been a fifth grade teacher now for six days. Totally my dream job and I love love it! But today was just too funny. So here's the stats for the day:
4 kids were crying at some point in the day
1 boy spent the last half hour of school hiding from me behind the computer cart because he was really mad at me- I made him take his language arts test just like every one else had to. I'm the meanest.
14 hours I put in today. I got home at ten.
20- there were about twenty times I wanted to kill some kids today. Argh.
50-I gave out like fifty gold star stickers to get kids to work. It started as a joke- at least I meant it to be- I had no idea fifth graders were still so motivated by star stickers.
59- this is the amount of classroom money in our fine jar- we have class money, they get two dollars a day, and it's a dollar fine if you are talking when you shouldn't be. Mind you today is Tuesday- the jar was emptied on Friday. It's only taken them two days to form over 59 dollars. Tough start to the week I would say. Let's pray tomorrow is better. My goal for tomorrow? No more than one person crying, less than$30 in our fine jar,and no one hiding from me cause they hate me. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment