Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodbye Darling...


So, this morning as I left for work, I grabbed a delicious chocolate chip granola bar and stuck it in my jacket pocket to eat during my break. I get so hungry so quickly, and where I work until twelve I simply must bring provisions or I will starve to death. Well, I then hopped on my bike to make the ten minute trek. While riding on 800 north, I hit a wee bump. As I hit this bump I heard something plastic-y fall to the ground, but It could have been a hallucination. A few pedal pushes later I realized it was a real noise and as I was still cruising I turned to look back and I my heart deflated. There was my delicious granola bar near the middle of the road. Of course my first reflex was to retrieve it, but a few things crossed my mind: 1. I was going to be late, 2. there are lots of cars!, 3. I would look super stupid riding all the way back and picking up this little granola bar. So I made a terrible decision-and I rode onward, leaving that little piece of my heart on the ground with the granola bar. Yes, it meant that much to me. I knew this would be the day I would starve. How sad that my punctuality meant more to me than this loyal friend I had left to be run over. Ok, maybe I am being a little dramatic, but being dramatic about it and telling you all makes me feel better about it. Well, I have an hour left of work and I'm still kickin. So maybe I will make it. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED MY ROOMMATE ALIVE THIS SEMESTER!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete