Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I made a cake.



Thank you to Kaitlin and Natalie for renewing my faith in myself and making cakes. I had gotten a bit discouraged about it since the last one I made was a disaster. But these two brought me the best book ever about doing cakes, and it was Scott and David's birthday, so I thought what the heck. I even got a little brave and tried my first fondant cake! Normal fondant is pricey and tastes awful, so I made homemade marshmallow fondant and OH BABY it worked like a dream! So friends, behold my first fondant decorated cake. :)

7 comments:

  1. Ah! Kellie! I've always liked your cakes. You're so talented. This one is so cute! You did so well with the fondant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie you are the cake master! i love to see all of your beautiful creations and let me just say, i think that cake really rocks! it is sweet! and good job with the fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I with I could taste it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you!!! You have a great future ahead in cakes. You're already leagues ahead of me at your age. And you are so right about the marshmallow fondant - definitely the way to go. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! You are so talented. I hope you know how awesome you are! ps. one day maybe i'll have to get you to help me make an awesome cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kellie, I am so impressed! That is incredible for a first-fondant cake! So smooth!!

    I have been taking a fondant-decorating class through community ed. recently, which I think you would have done great in! (If you ever need to borrow tools for a special cake project, let me know.) :)

    I am making a trivial pursuit cake this weekend for the "trivial pursuit club" I advise at LPHS. I will try to remember to take a picture to show you. :)

    ReplyDelete