Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Life in First Grade

First grade is fun. Lots of letters, and sounds, and songs, and the teacher whose classroom I'm in is EXCELLENT with capital letters. She just has a way with them, and she knows how to explain things. I hope I can get her habits to rub off on me.

So being in first grade brings it fair share of randomness...Here's a few of my favorite things spoken by my class so far.

"Hold on! (mid lesson he jumps up and runs to the sink in the back and spits)...I had a lougey."

"TEACHER!!!"

"Teacher he said I was a grandma."

"Teacher he said he was going to kick me after school"

"Teacher, she was talking to me when you said to be quiet." and she was totally talking back to her. we have a tattle tale issue, but sometimes it makes ya laugh.

"Oh, wow teacher, you have beautiful earrings."

"I lost a tooth! look!"

"My cat had kittens"

her: "I have a dog, and a snake, and two cats." me: "Oh what are their names?" her: "I don't know"

talking about me to the teacher in front of the class, "Well she is old and knows more stuff than us, so it's almost like she is a teacher."

In the middle of a story about animals (this boy pulls out the most random stuff at the most random times), "Teacher! I am going to be a jail bird for halloween." Later that same day he raised his hand and said, "Teacher, I want to be a cowboy for halloween instead."

When the class was raising fingers depending on their answer, one little girl was getting so frustrated cause she just wanted to raise her three middle fingers, but couldn't figure out how to keep her ring finger up and her pinky finger down at the same time. She kept trying to hold them where she wanted, but to no avail. I wanted to just tell her, but it was too funny.

I'm catching on to the system of how the school runs and everything, and starting to get used to the schedule, so I'd say it's going well. :) Yay school.

No comments:

Post a Comment