Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!

Welcome to a new decade! I love New Years. Fireworks are legal, we drink sparkling cider and act crazy, and stay up super late.

This years celebration brought a new challenge. I was able to successfully connect 28 bottle rockets together and light them at once. It was supposed to be 30 but two didn't light. It was quite spectacular. There was also a display of some other firework creations of mine. I love that part of the holiday. Also, one of my goals for this year is to not eat fast food, so last night I ate my last Del Taco chicken burrito for a while-too bad it was pretty delicious. I hope that goal lasts at least a couple months, I think it could save a lot of money and a lot of cholesterol.
This year also marks ten years since the year 2000. On New Years Eve 1999/2000 I made a time capsule at the Browns house while I was babysitting. I opened that up yesterday and well, it was pretty funny. One of the things in it was a survey I filled out. Let me remind you I filled it out when I was in fifth grade. Want to know what it said? Here's some of the questions and answers.
What is your favorite TV show: Sabrinna the Teenage Witch (still true!)
What is your favorite food: Mom's chicken nuggets
What is your favorite music: The Seminary Soundtrack Old Testament CD
What do you want to be when you grow up: a teacher and a mom

There were others but they were pretty general. Then there was a letter to myself. It said a little something like:

Dear Kellie!
Hi! I am in 5th grade and I like Drew and Jace. I am good at baton, spelling, soccer, and cooking things in my easy bake oven. Who did I marry? Am I married yet? Did I go on a mission? Remember you need to have two girls and two boys. Name one of the girls Molly. Am I a teacher? I really want to be a teacher. I love my mom. Never quit, you can do anything!!
-Kellie.

Huh. Well that makes me feel very...single. I guess I was pretty boy crazy then. Did I really think I would like have children by now? I guess I added ten years and figured I would be 21, so it seemed accurate in my mind. It's kind of cool that I'm going to be a teacher still! I have wanted that forever. It also had my favorite cookie cutter, a ring, some pictures, and this little chunk of crocheted yarn that I think was supposed to be a bracelet. I was a funny little kid.
Well, it's now January 1st, 2010. I love fresh new starts, and I have a really good opportunity to start everything pretty new here this year, wish me luck! I hope you had a fun New Years Eve/ New Years Celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellie, My name is Lyn. I linked to your blog via "The Everlasting Hills." I loved reading about your beginning journey into teaching. I am almost at the end of my teaching career and have loved every minute of it. I'm realizing, though, that I have learned far more than I ever taught over the last 30 years!!

    Right now, I am the instructional facilitator at Wasatch School. Part of my assignment is working with interns, student teachers, and cohorts. If you are in the BYU education program, our paths may cross sometime soon.

    Good luck to you in pursing your teaching certificate, and never loose that burning fire of ambition...

    ReplyDelete