Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family is about laughing.

Sometimes I think I'm really funny, but I wonder if others would appreciate my humor as much.

I think steve really deep down thinks it's funny, but he's trying to be the mature one.

For instance, you know how you create a fire and earthquake escape plan with your family? I think it would be funny to create a "dinosaur attack" plan. Like have good places to hide in case a velociraptor gets in the house. Or teach your family about how to hide from a dinosaur. Steve thinks it would make our kids scared of dinosaurs. I think it would be funny.

Or also, today I wanted to start creating the Hansen Family Constitution. Here is what we have so far:

Article 1. Always say I love you to fellow family members
Article 2. Hansen posterity will cheer for the Lakers. (Kellie Hansen is except from article 2.)
Article 3. No swearing
Article 4. We abide by the classic rules of dibs. Aka, shotgun, I call _____, stamp it, double stamp, etc. No challenging a "shotgun" call.
Article 5. Chocolate chip cookie, brownie, and cinnamon roll recipes are not allowed to be made in "half-recipe" quanitities. A full recipe must be used. (Article written by Steven)
Article 6. All Hansens shall participate in lighting fireworks on fourth of July.
Article 7. Hansen's must never leave a spill in the microwave.

We'll continue as important issues come up. :)

Also, for punishment when our kids are crazy, I think they should be required to untangle a ball of Christmas lights. It will teach them patience. I just thought of that today in church.
Who supports me on making these part of Hansen tradition? Maybe things will change once I actually have kids...

2 comments:

  1. I think those are awesome ideas. We need something like that at out house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how inspiration comes at church! We may have to try the Christmas lights thing. I usually just set my kids to work cleaning...Tyler likes to use duct tape and hot sauce. See what you think about those methods.

    ReplyDelete