Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm bushed.

I am so tired.
Like this kitty.





Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever stop being tired.

It makes me scared to be a mom someday cause it will probably be this tired times five.

Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch while I was texting kyle. I fell asleep for 4 and 1/2 hours.

Yikes.

I feel like I'm herding caffeinated cats during the day, and exhausting my brain trying to create lessons that are effective once I get home. Yes, I'm whining. but I'm tired!

I like what I'm doing, and it's fun at times, and tough at others, but it's still tiring.

I found out today that my 6th graders thought I was getting paid to teach them. Ha. Ya right. I'm PAYING $2,000 bucks to spend my life planning for them and teaching them. Then when school is over I go to work. So that I can afford to pay to teach them during the day.

I just need like a week long nap.

And seriously HOW MANY times and ways can you go over the phases of the moon before they start to get it. We've done simulations, pictures, videos, drawing, labeling, matching, cutting and pasting, more simulations, rote practice, songs, powerpoints, pnemonics, whiteboards, so much repetition....I'm kinda get stuck here. There are 8 phases. I know it's tricky, but I'm plum out of ideas for trying to teach the names of those stinking 8 phases. Any ideas?

Life is going fast forward. It's seriously wednesday. The week is almost over? How!!? Talking to steve last night I literally could not remember what day it was.

My brain is melting.

Thank goodness I have cool kids. Our class is DEFINITELY the best behaved of the three 6th grade classes right now. That's so so nice.

Anyway. I'm done with my whine fest. I'm so excited to be done. I have seven days left of student teaching. Two of those days are fridays, which are like the end of the loaf of bread that you eat for fun, but it never really does much good for ya and isn't big enough to fit anything substantial inside it. It's just the end cap on the loaf. Friday's are the nice little end cap on the week- a time for testing or whatever else ya gotta finish. So basically five more days of substantial instruction. I can do it. Then I can sleep for like fifty days. wooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment