Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm gonna get a little deep on ya...

Hello. It's me, once again, as the title of this blog implies. I have been thinking...and therefore I shall share my thoughts on this here bloggy blog. Ok, here is my thought...
I have made a wonderful realization that I am more or less a composite of the people around me. Each of my quirky little personality traits is simply something I have picked up from someone else. I love meeting new people, even if I may never see them again in my life, I feel like just meeting someone new has enriched my life in some way. Maybe I am too impressionable, but people leave me different. Like little kids that repeat everything you say, I catch mannerisms, phrases, theories, or even just smiles that people aren't meaning to send me, they are just being themselves. I am so grateful for this though, cause how boring would I be if I were just...the original me? I guess I might be cool, but I like myself a lot more as an accumulation of the imprints others have left on my little heart-and how would I ever know what the original me was like when I have such awesome influential people around me.
People do things that I notice and say, "Wow, I want to be like that!" Just to name a few...I want to make friends and be involved cause of Nicole, I say "dude" all the time cause of dan, I pay attention to lyrics cause of kristi. I try to consider people's needs and plan well cause of sylvia, I try to be loyal cause of Em, I want to learn to speak in public cause of Lisa. I learn to love the little things cause of staish, and I want to be good with domestic things cause of kate. I want to be unselfish like kyle and steve, I want to be random and funny like kallie and natalie. I want to focus on people's feelings like Aaron, and be grateful like sarah. I want to be enthusiastic like brad, but a deep thinker like allie. I try to eat healthier cause of mindy, and I want to be a good student like jay. I want to follow the jazz cause emily does, and I want to go on a mission like holly and kim. I want to laugh like my mom, and go the extra mile like sandra.
I couldn't list all of the things like this cause there are FAR too many, and I could never say thank you enough for all the many ways the people I know have affected me. You have all truly changed my life for the better whether you know it or not. I'm lucky to know such cool people. :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. You probably influence people to do fun quirky things too.
    2. Why haven't you blogged about our HSM3 party? You're the one with all the pics!
    3. Why didn't you mention me in this blog?

    Nice Kell, real nice.

    ReplyDelete