Monday, April 26, 2010

I have something to tell you...

Hello! Ok, so remember the curveball I was talking about a few weeks ago? The twist in life that you least expect, and you wonder if it's a good or bad thing? Well that particular curveball was a good thing. A VERY good thing. In fact, let me introduce you to him. My life's biggest curveball, but I can say I'm so so glad it got thrown at me. I'll explain. but first, introductions:


This is Steven Hansen.This is also Steve Hansen. With his head in a bucket of dry ice fumes.


This is me and steve at our ward closing social for winter semester. Try to notice his fabulous green eyes. They are fabulous indeed. He is also a red head. I have always been partial to red heads. Oh and the front right tooth of his? The bottom of it is fake. He face planted on concrete while playing basketball in high school and there went his tooth! You'll see that picture someday.


Let me tell you about Steven Hansen.
He was born in Valencia, California. When he was 13 he moved to Vacaville, California. He is a total city boy, and I am a lover of open fields and cowboys. Well, it's ok. Everyone is different. He'll love country music someday...we'll see to that. :)


He likes soccer, basketball, baseball...basically every sport possible. Espn/sportscenter are his best friends.

He went on his mission to Baton Rouge, Louisianna. That's Elder Hansen with a cute little gecko on his tie. He learned spanish while he was there, and his testimony grew leaps and bounds. I am so thankful for his rock solid testimony. This steve boy with the gecko on his tie-he knows the gospel and he loves it. That right there you can be sure of, and that is one of the things I love the most about him.



Steve is a super smarty pants. I can only wish to get the kind of grades he gets at BYU, as well as in High School. But sometimes, his smarts don't keep him from things like this...


This is steve after crushing his face while playing broom hockey for a ward activity. Quite the stitch job, and lots of blood, but a really funny memory. Perfect for him though because he wants to be a sports doctor/pediatrician. We'll graduate BYU together in April 2012 and then we wants to go to med school. We have quite the road ahead that's for sure. But he'll be awesome at it. He's just genius like that.

Well no one is perfect. He does have flaws. His main downfall? The Lakers. But we try not to talk about that. Too bad his family makes sure they always bring it up. I declare here and now I will NEVER be converted to like the lakers. Never ever.


Steve doesn't like Seafood, or olives, or peppermint. Random, but good thing, cause those are also my least favorite things ever. He has a very "wentz" sense of humor. I can't wait for him to meet kyle.
He whoops me at every sport, but it's ok, he's super fun to play anyways.

This is me with Steve. I love Steven Hansen. You might say, "well if you love him so much why don't you marry him!"

Well... Ok. I Will!!
How about August 27th?



How about here?
DONE! It's scheduled! August 27th, at 11:00 am, here in the Mount Timpanogos temple I get to marry this Steven Hansen and from here on through forever become Kellie Ann Wentz Hansen!!!! wooooooooot woooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got engaged on Sunday, May 2nd, and we're getting married in August! The day after Kyle gets home actually. He flies in August 26th. Ha, let's PRAY that plane isn't late. I'm excited for him to be here. He's my twin, he's gotta be!

Well, alright. Introductions are over. Now let's talk about the curveball.
Let me tell you a story... (it's kinda long, sorry!)

Once, during the first week of July, 2009 a girl named Kellie was walking down the hall from sunday school to Sacrement meeting. Summer term had just started and some new people moved in. One of them was named steve. As she...ok enough third person. I'm blowing the secret-it's me. I'm kellie. (that was a clever play on my blog's address too...haha itsmekellie? I'm so funny). Ok, as I was walking I ran into him talking with some other people in the ward. I was tired of the dating game, and was just focused on my calling that day and not paying much attention. But I said, "oh hey, you're new. What's your name?" He said, "I'm steve". Simple enough.
The very thought that popped into my head as I said "oh hey steve! Welcome." was, "oh he's cute...but he probably has a girlfriend. so who cares if I impress him or not. welcome to the ward steve." blah. I just felt like oh whatever.

The next day when I got off work I felt like going swimming. wierd. I hate swimming. super wierd. But it was nice out, so I went. And there was that red-chest-haired steve and his friends playing pool basketball. I was braved and asked to join them right as they started trying crazy dunks. Steve thought it was smart to try to get a running start and jump all the way across the pool to dunk it. He tried it and it made a huge splash that landed on a girl trying to sunbathe. It was hilarious. I remembered his name was steve, and we played basketball for a while. Afterwards we were just talking for a minute and he mentioned he was going to play soccer. I wanted to play! So our conversation ended with a "we should play soccer sometime" and we both left to get ready for fhe. Psshh, like we would ever acutally play. or talk again. but I just thought oh well, he was cool. (TOTAL BYU ward couple meeting...I know it). So that night at fhe he started talking to me again, I started wondering why this steve boy was talking to me so much. He couldn't have had a girlfriend. He was too flirty and he hadn't said anything about her. Then he got my number that night at our ward fhe at rock canyon park. SO zoobie. but oh well. I didn't hear from him again till later that week. He invited me to play soccer friday morning. My roommate brooke came too, and once we all met up and were heading to her car, I told them I had to run back to my apartment and get my water bottle.
I lied. I actually had to puke. I was SO SCARED to hang out with him (cause by now I realized he was pretty cool, and he didn't have a girlfriend-and he was talking to me ALOT), and when I get that scared I get way pukey. Well, I really liked him by now, and I was so nervous I actually went inside and totally puked. How embarrassing. To be so nervous to hang out with someone that you puke. Ya, I really liked him.
Then we played soccer, and all was well. He asked me on a date that day actually, but I was leaving to be an EFY counselor for the next 2 weeks. AWFUL timing! But we planned a date for the next saturday, and I crossed my fingers that he wouldn't find some way awesome girl in our ward before then and totally forget about me. After soccer we all went swimming again, but I had to leave cause I had a date. A picnic lunch date with someone else. How ironic. It was way fun, but steve was definitely on the brain. That night I got off work at 1am. All my friends were still out lighting fireworks (it was july 3rd), so I met them out there and steve was still up too. We sat on the porch and started talking. Everyone else gradually went to bed. We kept saying we should probably go to bed, but we just kept talking. Soon I noticed that it was getting light outside!! It was 5:30 in the morning! We had been talking forever, and it seemed like nothing. I really really liked this boy.
Ok, short story- I went to EFY for two weeks and he didn't forget about me. We started dating two days after I got back. And we dated for four and a half months.

Well, I wanted to marry him. We both felt that way. but the Spirit had other things to say and after a lot of thinking and talking-we broke up. The day before my birthday. Not a "we need a break" breakup, but a "this is the end, good luck with your life" breakup. It was done. and I maybe died like fifty times inside. but it felt right, and I tried to move on. Time to find new things in my life, and a new boy.

I honestly NEVER thought we would ever get back together. I was trying to move on. But moving on wouldn't quite happen...I had the steve bug bad. But move on I must because Kellie Wentz doesn't dwell, she pulls up her dang boots and keeps moving. At least I would hope so.

Welp. Then came the curveball. One sunday night about two and a half months ago, me and steve had a good long 4 hour chat. I was expecting another firm assurance that it was over. but I got square smacked in the face with a curveball-we started dating again.

Well, this is Long, cheesy, detailed, and very journal-like, but moral of the story is we got back together. I was stinking scared about that, but felt it was worth the risk. About two weeks into it I knew why. We were so getting married. It was only a matter of time. No one could be more perfect for me. and I knew it, and I felt it, and It made me so happy. I had prayed so much to stop caring about him-ya gotta move on ya know? but my heart never changed and I kept feeling the impression to be patient and give him another chance. I knew I still loved him, but I admit I tried REALLY hard to hate him! but it wouldn't work. good thing too. Cause now I'm going to be Kellie Hansen. And I am so stinking happy. It's my turn to build my own family. A family based on Jesus Christ, and the temple, and the scriptures, and love and patience and HOLY COW it's just going to be freaking AWESOME!!!! It feels so good to be so sure, and so happy, and know that what you're doing is completely right. August 27th. I'm pumped. I hope you'll all be there! Thanks for the congrats. I am so excited to be Kellie Hansen. :)

9 comments:

  1. I love the story and pictures! It's wonderful to hear about this part of your life. Congratulations about 10 times over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blogpost ever! Thanks for telling the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And guess what future-mrs. hansen? You're getting married on my wedding anniversary! Your story sounds pretty similar to mine but mine didn't have the curveball. I'm so excited for you Kellie! He sounds great and you'll love married life :) I'll be there on August 27th no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Kellie! I am sooooo happy for you (and Steve) You deserve to be happy more than anyone I know! I love reading your blog it makes me so happy!



    p.s. I can't wait to see you this weekend yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellie I am sooo happy for you!!! And I'm so glad you have a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this made me feel so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kellie!! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not been on my blog for awhile so I had not seen this post! Its an awesome story and I am pumped that you are getting married... of course! thanks for sharing your personal journal entry like story with me!

    ReplyDelete